Engel Cooler Features
What Makes A Legend...
A few years ago after one more cooler was on its way to the dump, the folks at Engel decided that enough was enough. Adventurers deserved better. So a new ice chest was designed. Not just an improvement on the old models, but a brand new concept, designed from the ground up to re-define what an ice chest could be.
It was a huge success and click here to see Independent results of how Engel beats all the competition. Take a look at what makes an Engel High Performance Cooler the number one rated cooler in the world. Roto-molded of seamless polyethylene, it's tough enough to stand up to a hungry grizzly bear. (In fact, it's an approved bear-resistant container.) A full 2" of dense polyurethane foam is injected top, bottom and sides to provide 8-10 days of cold-keeping capability. But this is just the start…
The Inside Story
HOLD ICE FOR 8-10 DAYS
2" of high Quality Polyurethane insulation Top, bottom and Sides
KEEP THE COLD WHERE IT BELONGS
Air-Tight Silicon Freezer Gasket Seals Entire Lid
DRAIN WITHOUT STRAIN
Pitched, Self-Draining Bottom
ONE TWIST OF THE WRIST
One-Turn Drain Plug
YOU WON'T COME UNHINGED
Integrated Walls Withstand Freezing Effects of Dry ice
EASY TO KEEP CLEAN
Any Non-Abrasive Cleaner Brings Back the Clean
The Outside Story
CERTIFIED BEAR-RESISTANT CONTAINER
When locked in both corners with optional pad locks
DON'T JUST STAND THERE
Non-Skid Lid Built for Standing and Sitting on
WHEN IT'S TIME TO GO
Molded Hand Grips and Convenient Rope Handles
BUILT TO STAY PUT
Large, Non-Skid, Non-Marking Feet Keep the Cooler From Sitting on the Deck
WHEN IT'S TIME TO SWAB THE DECK
Raised Base for Easy Cleaning
AN OPEN AND SHUT CASE FOR BETTER LATCHES
Flush Mounted Marine Grade Latches with Stainless Steel Hardware and Backing Plates
THEY DON'T HAVE WINGS - TIE IT DOWN
Easily Secure Cooler with Most Tie-Down Systems. Our Patent Pending Multi-way Attachment-System.
ENGEL, The Original vs The Copy Cats
Let's set the record straight... Engel was the 1st and original Roto-Molded cooler manufacturer... long before all the copy cats. However, being first is not what sets us apart. What sets us apart is being the very best. Let's compare...
- Engel has a much stronger reinforced lid. Inserts in the lower half of the lid add strength and prevent de-lamination when used as a step or casting platform. The inserts also prevent the lid from warping or bowing in the sun.
- Engel has a 360 degree silicone gasket – which is better than Competitor Y’s rubber gasket. Silicone does not go flat over time and lose its seal. We deliver the best, most consistent performance.
- Engel has thicker side walls and a thicker base – with more insulation than Competitor Y. This means better ice retention.
- Engel coolers can be secured down using a turnbuckle, a webbing strap or an industry standard crimped steel cable.
- The surface of Engel coolers has a texture which resists scratching and in-store damage. It also provides micro shading – resulting in better performance in direct sunlight.
- Engel’s drain plug is easier to open than Competitor Y. It also has a hole so it can be secured to the cooler with a lanyard – to prevent losing it, Competitor Y’s cannot.
- Engel’s marine-grade latches are recessed, so they won’t damage from overuse the way that Competitor Y’s latches will Engel’s recessed latches also prevent fouling with anchor lines, fly lines and throw nets. They’re attached with stainless steel inserts to the cooler and can be easily replaced if needed.
- With over 50 years of cooler technology, the Engel lid is vacuum resistant. While Competitor Y’s often get stuck shut, Engel’s are always easy to open and frustration-free.
- Engel unique latch doubles as an emergency bottle opener. No more searching.